Frequently Asked Questions
Please review the frequently asked questions below. If you don’t find the answer to your question, feel free to contact our practice manager at email@example.com, or set up a free discovery consultation.
Scheduling & Visits
How do I schedule an initial appointment with Healthy Connections?
We look forward to connecting with you! The first step is to set up a Discovery Consult yourself, or to call or email our office. We can begin the steps to your first visit with a free 15 minute phone call with Heather.
If we mutually agree that your needs match our practice, and that you are ready to make powerful lifestyle changes, we will set up your initial 60 minute intake appointment with Dr Horacek.
He can typically see a new client within 1 week of your initial contact with our practice. You will then have access to all member benefits.
If you need to cancel your initial consultation with our clinic, we kindly request minimum 24 hours notice. In the event you cancel your Initial Consultation with less than 24 hours notice, you are subject to a $100 late cancel fee.
What Are The Options For Virtual Provider Visits?
Your initial visit at Healthy Connections must be in person. After the first visit, follow up visits can be conducted by phone or virtually using our secure video channel if you choose. We are excited to offer this type of healthcare to our clients! Think how much time this kind of visit can save you.
We also request that our patients who communicate with us via SMS/Spruce Health schedule their non-urgent messages to us at reasonable times (between 8 am-8pm), and reserve communications after these hours to more urgent matters. There is an option to schedule message delivery on the Spruce Health app, so you can write your message anytime you need, but have it delivered to us at 8 am the next morning. We appreciate your consideration!
Follow up Scheduling & Cancellations
Once you are an established client with Healthy Connections, you can call our office or message us through Elation Passport to schedule any follow up visits.
There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with a Healthy Connections team member. Canceling within 24-hours will result in a $100 charge to the credit card on file unless there is an urgent or acute health/family reason for late cancellation.
No-shows: If you do not show up to a phone, video/telemedicine or in person appointment without notifying the provider you have an appointment with either via email or by SMS or voicemail, you will be charged $100 to the card on file.
Billing & Insurance
We Do Not Bill Insurance Companies
Healthy Connections Hood River does not bill insurance for our services. We are a cash-pay, membership-based medical practice. We work with you to minimize costs and offer the highest-quality care to you, focused on spending time and offering services which are not possible in today’s insurance-based health care industry.
We limit our membership in order to give our clients the TIME, CARE, and ATTENTION that we believe is essential in the healing process, and allows us to provide the kind of service we feel everyone needs and deserves.
What is your Personalized Primary Care Membership?
Dr. Horacek is available as a Primary Care Physician via our Personalized Primary Care membership. Operating outside of the traditional insurance model provides many benefits to you as a client.
We are a Certified Retainer Medical Practice in the state of Oregon.
Contact our office for pricing and membership details.
What are your Functional Medicine programs?
This is for the individual who wants Functional Medicine partnership in healing a particular dis-ease. Our chronic health issues don’t develop overnight, nor can we find root cause resolution overnight. With focused care and dedication, you will experience powerful results with the approaches you and Dr. Horacek agree upon.
Phase One/Assessment Phase of Functional Care includes:
– A Functional Medicine Living Matrix assessment – you complete this at home prior to your first visit.
– Your Initial Consultation with Dr. Horacek, a 60 minute comprehensive evaluation.
– A second visit following any functional testing and data-gathering, to confirm, diagnose, and create a healing treatment program.
Contact Heather: firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details.
About Lab Tests
- We strongly believe in “testing, not guessing” as part of our functional care model. Therefore, following your initial visit, we will most likely order some deep-dive functional tests to better understand what is causing your imbalances. This allows us to then treat the correct imbalance vs just guessing.
- Some lab tests we offer may be covered by insurance (such as blood tests, and depending on your diagnosis, some stool and breath tests).
- In the case of lab testing that is not covered by your insurance, we have negotiated contracted rates with the labs directly, and we can provide you with the kit right here in our office for you to complete at home and send into the lab via the pre-paid packaging. You will pay our clinic directly for most of these labs.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with Dr Horacek, and may include blood, saliva, urine, breath, or stool testing.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab facility like LabCorp, you must inform us of this in advance of having blood work done.
- Dr. Jeff works with each patient at your initial consultation to recommend only the tests most helpful in your diagnostic and treatment journey.
Take The First Step Today On Your Journey Back To Health
Maybe you have some questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision on becoming a patient. Our Practice Administrator is happy to answer any questions you have to see whether or not Healthy Connections is right for you.