Frequently Asked Questions
Please review the frequently asked questions below. If you don’t find the answer to your question, feel free to contact our practice manager at firstname.lastname@example.org, or set up a free discovery consultation.
Scheduling & Visits
How do I schedule an appointment with Healthy Connections?
What Are The Options For Virtual Provider Visits?
Your initial visit at Healthy Connections must be in person. After the first visit, follow up visits can be conducted by phone or virtually using our secure video channel if you choose. We are excited to offer this type of healthcare to our clients! Think how much time this kind of visit can save you! Gives you more time to focus on being healthy!
We also request that our patients who communicate with us via SMS/Spruce Health schedule their non-urgent messages to us at reasonable times (between 8 am-8pm), and reserve communications after these hours to more urgent matters. There is an option to schedule message delivery on the Spruce Health app, so you can write your message anytime you need, but have it delivered to us at 8 am the next morning. We appreciate your consideration!
Follow up Scheduling & Cancellations
Once you are an established client with Healthy Connections, you can conveniently schedule your own appointment (as well as access other member options) on our Secure Client Portal.
There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with a Healthy Connections team member. Canceling within 24-hours will result in a $50 charge to the credit card on file unless there is an urgent or acute health/family reason for late cancellation.
No-shows: If you do not show up to a phone, video/telemedicine or in person appointment without notifying the provider you have an appointment with either via email or by SMS or voicemail, you will be charged $100 to the card on file.
Billing & Insurance
We Do Not Bill Insurance Companies
Healthy Connections Hood River does not bill insurance for our services. We are a cash-pay, membership-based medical practice. We work with you to minimize costs and offer the highest-quality care to you, focused on spending time and offering services which are not possible in today’s insurance-based health care industry.
We limit our membership in order to give our clients the TIME, CARE, and ATTENTION that we believe is essential in the healing process, and allows us to provide the kind of service we feel everyone needs and deserves.
The cost of services provided by Healthy Connections are paid for in one of the following ways:
1.Package of Six-Months of Functional Medicine Care: Selecting the best program specifically targeting your chronic health symptoms with a root-cause resolution approach.
2. Fee for service, paying the full provider fee for each session as needed.
3. Personalized Primary Care: Coming September 2018, this gives you convenient and easy access to Dr. Horacek for a truly individual, functional approach to your basic primary care needs – without the typical hassles and roadblocks in a large insurance-based practice.
4. Participation in any of our classes, workshops, support groups, or online education; cost varies (and many are free!) – see our Events page/more coming this fall.
Additional medical expenses such as lab tests and prescription medications may be covered by a member’s health insurance plan per that plan’s rules. Healthy Connections does not submit a medical claim to insurance on your behalf and we cannot assist you with insurance claim resolution for our services, but we do contract with several excellent specialty lab service providers who have transparent pricing and top quality functional lab assessments.
What is your Personalized Primary Care Membership?
Starting in Fall 2018, Dr. Horacek will be available as a Primary Care Physician via our Personalized Primary Care membership. Operating outside of the traditional insurance model provides many benefits to you as a client. More information coming soon!
What are your Functional Medicine programs?
This is for the individual who wants Functional Medicine partnership in healing a particular dis-ease. We strongly encourage individuals wanting relief from long-standing and bothersome issues to sign up for a 6 month package of services. Our chronic health issues don’t develop overnight, nor can we find root cause resolution overnight. With focused care and dedication, you will experience powerful results with the approaches you and Dr. Horacek agree upon! We offer two 6-month programs based on the severity of your symptoms and complexity of the path to optimal resolution and healing. Services include:
• A Functional Medicine Living Matrix assessment (comprehensive investigation of your whole-life, whole-person health history) and intake MD visit (90 minutes)
• Genomics-based Lifestyle and Nutraceutical Rx (If you have done the “23&me” DNA study, we can use your data to provide recommendations tailored to your specific genes.)
• Two-three follow up MD visits (45-60 minutes – in person, or via secure video)
• Regular health coaching and functional nutrition visits to help with lifestyle changes (45 minutes in person or secure video)
• Discounts off recommended supplements and medical food via an online natural pharmacy with the highest-quality nutraceuticals available.
• Access to your health care team via secure messaging, online portal, and video sessions.
– Access to educational programs and groups at a discounted price.
– Unique in-office bonus services!
- Use of our In-Body BIA machine to calculate body mass/body fat and help you measure progress via body composition.
- Use of cutting-edge BEMER technology for increasing circulation, improving healing, and boosting energy via mitochondrial pathways.
Contact Heather: email@example.com for pricing.
We are able to provide expanded, personalized, root-cause-resolution health care with this micropractice model, instead of the typical MD practice with 1000+ clients and a 15 minute disease-care visit with your provider!
You may cancel at any time if you are not satisfied with your care, or if you choose another course of treatment. We ask for a 30 day notice of cancellation and can refund any amount pre-paid that remains unused in the event of cancellation.
NOTE: It is difficult to say in the Discovery Consultation which package of care you may need to work with us to resvole your symptoms. We will always do our best to be transparent with you, and trust you will do the same with us!
About Lab Tests
- Most lab tests ordered by Dr Horacek will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab. Many require a set co-payment that will be the limit of your out of pocket expense, regardless of what your insurance company does or does not reimburse.
- Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through Healthy Connections. We may be able to bundle some lab costs into the care package, depending on the situation.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with Dr Horacek, and may include blood, saliva, urine or stool testing.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you by Healthy Connections, you will be charged the day the kit is mailed.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab facility like LabCorp, you must inform us of this in advance of having blood work done. Most insurance plans cover labs done by major national labs – however, we frequently use Salveo labs, based out of Virgina, because of their favorable and straightforward pricing policies, and their cooperation with local laboratories.
Take The First Step Today On Your Journey Back To Health
Maybe you have some questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision on becoming a patient. Our Practice Administrator is happy to answer any questions you have to see whether or not Healthy Connections is right for you.