Frequently Asked Questions
Please review the frequently asked questions below. If you don’t find the answer to your question, feel free to contact our practice manager at email@example.com, or set up a free discovery consultation.
Scheduling & Visits
How do I schedule an appointment with Healthy Connections?
We look forward to connecting with you! The first step is to call or email our office. We can begin the steps to your first visit by setting up a Discovery Consultation, a free 15 minute phone call with Heather. If we mutually agree that your needs match our practice, and that you are ready to make powerful lifestyle changes, we will set up your initial 60 minute intake appointment with Dr Horacek. He can typically see a new client within 1 week of your initial contact with our practice. You will then have access to all member benefits, including a secure client portal with member self-scheduling options.
What Are The Options For Virtual Provider Visits?
Your initial visit at Healthy Connections must be in person. After the first visit, follow up visits can be conducted by phone or virtually using our secure video channel if you choose. We are excited to offer this type of healthcare to our clients! Think how much time this kind of visit can save you! Gives you more time to focus on being healthy!
We also request that our patients who communicate with us via SMS/Spruce Health schedule their non-urgent messages to us at reasonable times (between 8 am-8pm), and reserve communications after these hours to more urgent matters. There is an option to schedule message delivery on the Spruce Health app, so you can write your message anytime you need, but have it delivered to us at 8 am the next morning. We appreciate your consideration!
Follow up Scheduling & Cancellations
Once you are an established client with Healthy Connections, you can conveniently schedule your own appointment (as well as access other member options) on our Secure Client Portal.
There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with a Healthy Connections team member. Canceling within 24-hours will result in a $50 charge to the credit card on file unless there is an urgent or acute health/family reason for late cancellation.
No-shows: If you do not show up to a phone, video/telemedicine or in person appointment without notifying the provider you have an appointment with either via email or by SMS or voicemail, you will be charged $100 to the card on file.
Billing & Insurance
We Do Not Bill Insurance Companies
Healthy Connections Hood River does not bill insurance for our services. We are a cash-pay, membership-based medical practice. We work with you to minimize costs and offer the highest-quality care to you, focused on spending time and offering services which are not possible in today’s insurance-based health care industry.
We limit our membership in order to give our clients the TIME, CARE, and ATTENTION that we believe is essential in the healing process, and allows us to provide the kind of service we feel everyone needs and deserves.
What is your Personalized Primary Care Membership?
Dr. Horacek is available as a Primary Care Physician via our Personalized Primary Care membership. Operating outside of the traditional insurance model provides many benefits to you as a client.
Contact our office for pricing and membership details.
What are your Functional Medicine programs?
This is for the individual who wants Functional Medicine partnership in healing a particular dis-ease. Our chronic health issues don’t develop overnight, nor can we find root cause resolution overnight. With focused care and dedication, you will experience powerful results with the approaches you and Dr. Horacek agree upon.
Phase One of Functional Care includes:
– A Functional Medicine Living Matrix assessment – you complete this at home prior to your first visit.
– Your Initial Consultation with Dr. Horacek, a 60 minute comprehensive evaluation.
– A second visit following any functional testing and data-gathering, to confirm, diagnose, and create a healing treatment program.
Phase One of functional care package cost: $450 for two visits.
Phase Two, the Treatment Phase, varies greatly by individual.
Contact Heather: firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details.
About Lab Tests
- Most lab tests ordered by Dr Horacek will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab. Many require a set co-payment that will be the limit of your out of pocket expense, regardless of what your insurance company does or does not reimburse.
- Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through Healthy Connections. We may be able to bundle some lab costs into the care package, depending on the situation.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with Dr Horacek, and may include blood, saliva, urine or stool testing.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you by Healthy Connections, you will be charged the day the kit is mailed.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab facility like LabCorp, you must inform us of this in advance of having blood work done. Most insurance plans cover labs done by major national labs – however, we frequently use Salveo labs, based out of Virgina, because of their favorable and straightforward pricing policies, and their cooperation with local laboratories.
Take The First Step Today On Your Journey Back To Health
Maybe you have some questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision on becoming a patient. Our Practice Administrator is happy to answer any questions you have to see whether or not Healthy Connections is right for you.